Re: Grub 2 EFI blind mode [Solved]

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Grub 2 EFI blind mode [Solved]
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 12:51:42 +0400

В Sat, 05 Jan 2013 20:54:06 +0000
Richard Collins <address@hidden> пишет:

> Thanks Tom but the problem wasn't the discs, I've had some success.  It's a
> case of multi problems, I think my PC has a grudge.

You say "SOLVED" but do not explain how. It would be helpful for others
if you explained how you solved it.

> Problem #1: no keyboard/mouse with 64 bit distros
> Reason: IOMMU support was enabled in the BIOS, this was enabled to try and
> fix
>
> Problem #2: NVidia driver is unstable on a Grub2+EFI+64bit system
> The fix was supposed to be disable the graphics that grub uses.  This causes
>
> Problem 3#: Changing the grub settings I discribed means that you can't see
> the boot screen - not a feature I'm comfortable with and stops booting if the
> boot process needs user input.
> Solution: ?

So that I understand what happens

- you get GRUB2 screen. You see output and can use keyboard to navigate
  it. Right?
- GRUB2 screen itself is in text mode or in graphic mode?
- when you select GRUB2 menu entry to launch Linux you get messages
  about wrong mode and "booting blind". No output from Linux kernel
  after that. Correct?