Re: How grub generate menu.lst file kindly help

From: Saqlain Abbas
Subject: Re: How grub generate menu.lst file kindly help
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 17:30:43 +0500

Thanks Felix! You are right it is better to look at update-grub command script. I am going to take a look...

Thanks,
Saqlain.

On 2013-01-04 16:39 (GMT+0500) Saqlain Abbas composed:

Yeah, i have already updated these files, i have modified below files...

/etc/lsb-release, /etc/os-release, /var/run/motd, /etc/issues

after these i see my distro name, but its just update-grub command, when
run it put "ubuntu" in generated menu.lst file as title

title Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.17-10-generic

Apparently may be still need to modify some other file...

Other possibles:

/etc/deb*release
/etc/dpkg/origins

If not those either, find your update-grub script and see what it points to.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/