How grub generate menu.lst file kindly help

From: Saqlain Abbas
Subject: How grub generate menu.lst file kindly help
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 13:50:35 +0500

Hi,

I have customized Ubuntu distribution, along with several customization i have also changed distribution name, it works well. Currently I use this cutomized distro rootfs with Linux kernel  but whenever i Install grub, the auto-generated menu.lst file do have original distro name, My question is grub read which file to determine distro name, as i want to customize it completely.

Sample snippet from auto-generated menu.lst file

title Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.17-10-generic
root (hd0,4)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.17-10-generic root=/dev/sda5 ro quiet splash
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.17-10-generic

Look at title, it contains original distro name, it shows i missed some file in orignal distro and grub still can determine original distro name and show it in tile. So kindly guide how grub determine distro name...

--
Kind Regards,
Saqlain Abbas.