[Q] Remote boot control on Mac mini 2011.

From: Hiroyuki Sato
Subject: [Q] Remote boot control on Mac mini 2011.
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:15:29 +0900

Dear members.

I'm Hiroyuki Sato

I would like to remote control triple boot environment
(Linux, Windows and OSX) on local hard drive on Mac mini 2011.

I tried plan A. However, PXE boot does not work correctly on mac mini late 2011.

Does anyone knows about plan B or alternative idea?

PLAN A: Grub boot over PXE.

  It seems mac which is older than 2011 work fine.(*1)
  However mac 2011 version does not work correctly. (*2)

  Because mac does not send tftp request to remote server.

  *1: Netboot Linux on Intel Macs via EFI (long)
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-grub/2012-02/msg00026.html

  *2: Netboot on 2011 mini broken?
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3433338?start=0&tstart=0

PLAN B: Boot grub on internal disk, and fetch grub.cfg from remote server.

  1) boot grub. from EFI partition or grub only partition)
  2) fetch grub.cfg from remote site(HTTP, TFTP etc...)

  Is this possible? If so, could you point me about this.

  Especially I would like to the following.
  1) how to install grub-efi on mac mini
  2) how to write grub.cfg

Alternative idea is always welcome.

Sincerely