Re: --recheck option

From: Vincent Pelletier
Subject: Re: --recheck option
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 07:37:01 +0200

Le jeudi 05 juillet 2012 14:19:54, address@hidden a écrit :
> A) Which are the situations where the --recheck option of grub-install must
> NOT be used?

In my experience (grub legacy, linux boot with /dev/hd* device names, years
ago), I had to play with device map to be able to reorder boot device priority
(or plug HDDs in a different PATA layout, I don't remember precisely).
I could edit the map to fit the intended layout change, grub (without
--recheck) just followed, and machine could boot just fine.

Nowadays I don't have to care about this, thanks to UUIDs everywhere instead
of dev paths.

--
Vincent Pelletier