Re: May I have GRUB2 Menu's "My way"?

From: Richard Owlett
Subject: Re: May I have GRUB2 Menu's "My way"?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 08:48:40 -0500

Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)

I find this guide really helpful even when i am not using *buntu.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2

I think this sub-page might help you with the 1st part of your question.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/Setup#File_Structure

Regards from
Tom :)

Thank you Tom and Jordan.

Jordan - I had seen http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html before but had been swamped by the amount of detail given for a wide variety of circumstances. Being pointed to Section 5.1 gives me critical information -- what I desire is not only possible but reasonably feasible.

Tom - When using Google to search for Grub2 you get overwhelmed by Ubuntu related hits. A plurality of those hits are from various forums and are either disjointed posts/replies or do not distinguish between Grub Legacy or Grub2. I had not recall seeing those two pages before. After a lite reading, I might recommend them to instructors of technical writing as examples of good writing.

Now is the time for all good students to read carefully and thoughtfully ;)
Thanks.