"d" install option alternative in GRUB2 ?

From: Vilius Mockūnas
Subject: "d" install option alternative in GRUB2 ?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 14:10:41 +0200

Hello,

Sometimes I needed to chainload GRUB1 from Windows bootloader, in that case grub's first part should look for second one not ir booting drive but in drive it was installed to, this is achieved by option "d" in install command (otherwise first part just prints "GRUB").
I did few GRUB2 installs and I clearly see that it's first part looks for second one in booting drive.

How do I tell GRUB2 to look it's second part in drive it is installed to (option "d" equivalent) ?

(if no way maybe it's possible to change few bits using dd - but I don't know where, it's clearly not the same place as GRUB1)

thanks,
Vilius Mockunas