gentoo + debian wheezy + fd0 read error

From: Jose Juan Montiel
Subject: gentoo + debian wheezy + fd0 read error
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:40:29 +0100

Hi,

first sorry if asked, but i didn't find it.

I install gentoo on a machine (mini-itx i3 sandy bridge + lvm) and
install grub (1 i think)

last week y reinstall with debian wheezy (now with support to sandy
bridge) and grub (2 i think)

1º If i install grub2 on /dev/sda it erase old grub1 mbr information
on sda1, not?

2º Now on startup apear
- Grub...
- fd0 read error
- fd1 read error
splash screen debian grub...
y la lista de kernels...

who and why try to do something with fd (the mini-itx no floppy disk,
maybe something usb like floppy) ?

I try --no-floppy on grub install but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

--
This is your badness level.
It's unusually high for someone your size.