How to chainload Grub2 from grub using Debian?

From: John Smith
Subject: How to chainload Grub2 from grub using Debian?
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 19:12:28 -0600

I have a dual boot computer with Vista on one disk and Debian on the other.

I recently dist-upgraded from Lenny to Squeeze. The configuration
script asked if I wanted to chainload grub and I chose not to chainload.
Now I see that it was a mistake to choose not to chainload because
legacy grub only has the older kernels in the menu and now the system
is not really working properly.

So how do I set up the system as if I chose to chainload when I dist-upgraded to Squeeze?