grub_disk_read a partition

From: Casey Abernathey
Subject: grub_disk_read a partition
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:38:49 -0500

I am having issues with the grub_disk_read call. I am not positive that I am doing it correctly.

I want to call it repeatedly, reading 8 sectors at a time for an entire partition.

grub_disk_read(disk, partition->offset, sectorsRead, 8 * 512, buffer)
sectorsRead += 8

My understanding is that it will read 8 sectors of 512 bytes at a time and put that data into the buffer.

Am I correct in this understanding or is there a better example of how to properly use the disk read to iterate through the partition data? thanks