How to use GRUB_BADRAM

From: David Laštovička
Subject: How to use GRUB_BADRAM
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:15:30 +0200

Hi,

In order to boot Linux kernel properly on my notebook I need to specify a kernel parameter mem=1000M.

Since recent versions of Grub I am however having problems with the Grub itself and I am looking for a way how to pass to it a parameter that will do for Grub the same as the "mem=1000M" does for the kernel.

After reeding the documentation it seems to me that GRUB_BADRAM option in the grub.conf could be the solution.

I can't however find out what to exactly specify for the value of the GRUB_BADRAM parameter in order to make it ignore all the memory above 1000M?

Can someone answer the question?

Thanks for your help,

David