RE: thinking the grub 2 way

From: Treutwein Bernhard
Subject: RE: thinking the grub 2 way
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:02:34 +0200

Hi Rance,

[...]
> Can someone help me get started please?

hmm, the problem is currently the documentation. I collected
some pointers within the last half year and I gained some
experience with Grub 2 in the meantime, but still not really
much ... but I'd like to share my links:

The TinyCore way to handle Grub 2 might be of some help to you
(see: http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/doku.php?id=grub2_from_grub1
and http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/). They do (currently)
not rely on the grub.cfg generating scripts ...

I found also the following two very helpful:
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/grub-2.html (apparently it
vanished recently from the net, but its still available
in the web archive:
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20100102084105/http://dedoimedo.com/computer
s/grub-2.html)
and the two orphaned  attempts in the grub wiki:
http://grub.enbug.org/FranklinPiat/GrubManual
http://grub.enbug.org/Manual together with
http://grub.enbug.org/FrontPage#head-a585c90a57fbc82fd323fc2fa91f2a49cd135483

> Is what I want doable?

I'm not shure, but I think it should be ...

--
  Bernhard

[...]