portable TCP/IP stack

From: Parnian Mokri
Subject: portable TCP/IP stack
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:42:06 +0330

Hi

I am a computer hardware engineering student. I am working on Ada as a hardware descriptor language. We (Ada team in Tehran University) have used it to implement RTL and TLM channels, and now I am working on developing a portable TCP/IP stack. I've been told to start with projects like UIP "Adam Dunkels Swedish Institute of Computer Science".

Given that I have never worked on developing an actual OS before, and all I hear is how important it is to have a deep knowledge of both software and hardware concepts when working on such a project, I was wondering if you can advise me how to start? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Best,

Parni