Re: Grub2: Where's the grub-update executable??? (Tom H) ---- SOLVED

From: Dr. Dov Bulka
Subject: Re: Grub2: Where's the grub-update executable??? (Tom H) ---- SOLVED
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:17:16 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Tom. I renamed the file "grub.cfg" at that worked. I still don't have a grub-update script on RedHat but I'll use grub-mkconfig instead, now that I know how to use it... (-:

Dov

I have yet to install grub2 on RHEL/Fedora but on Ubuntu update-grub
is a shell script that simply calls grub-mkconfig.

Getting a grub cli means AFAIK that grub cannot find /boot and/or its
config file. You can use the cli just as in grub1 to boot.

(On Ubuntu, the config file is called grub.cfg. I assume that running
"grub-mkconfig -o grub.conf" ensures that grub2 knows that you have
called it grub.conf as in grub1.)