boot iso with grub2

From: michal novacek
Subject: boot iso with grub2
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:16:02 +0100

Hi all.

I was looking for a way on how to boot any cd/dvd iso image from a flash
drive. This seems to work well with grub "loopback" function and linux .iso

My question is whether it is possible to use this method for booting
other "weird" iso images that normally can be booted when burnt and
iserted into dvd-drive. Example of such iso I'm particulary interested
in is compilation of several unattended windows installations  made with
nliteos.com This dvd has also several linux rescue images and a menu
which allows you to choose what you want it to run.

Is there a way on how to boot this with grub(2) as iso from flashdisk?

--m