Re: How do I reclaim..

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: How do I reclaim..
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:31:07 +0100

Thomas Joseph escribió:
Hi All,

This is the scenario:

I have a server running (RHEL 5), and the /boot/grub directory is
deleted. I am sure that it will not reboot :(

I did the grub-install and it created everything including device.map.
My problem is that I still do not have grub.conf file.

Is there a way that I can recall the previous boot parameters from
within a running system ?
In Debian I would have suggested to run update-grub. I do not the equivalent for redhat.

You can always post here your fdisk -l, mount and ls -l /boot outputs and I think someone will be able to write a custom menu.lst for you.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/index.php?pid=10