Re: Linker won't find dll

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Linker won't find dll
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:12:24 -0700

jjones7947@comcast.net writes:

> The export table for summarizer37.dll is:
> ?delete_summarization@inxight@@YAXPAVsummarization_interface@1@@Z (Ordinal:
> 1, Entry Point RVA: 2960h (10,592))

There you go. Above code was compiled with MS VisualStudio, and is
not usable by code compiled with g++.

> The names are indeed mangled. This is usually something that has to be
> resolved between C/C++ and Java JNI.

The names are always mangled in C++, except for 'extern "C"' functions.
More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_mangling

The problem isn't that they are mangled; it's that they are mangled
*differently* by different compilers (on purpose).

> Most importantly, what can I do to be able to use this library under a
> JNI wrapper?

You *have* to use Microsoft compilers for that.
Note that the free VisualStudio Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vc/ should be all you need.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.