stl_alloc substitution

From: address@hidden
Subject: stl_alloc substitution
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 04:22:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody,

I am trying to port some old gcc2 code to gcc-Version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu
4.0.3-1ubuntu5).
When I try to "make" the compiler complains that

_Alloc_traitsĀ« is not a template.

After searching for a while i came to the conclusion that this
template is not more in gcc4,
the stl_alloc is obsolete and removed.
So how can I substitute templates such as
  template<typename _Tp, bool __threads, int __inst>
    struct _Alloc_traits<_Tp, MyAlloc_template<__threads, __inst> >
    {
      static const bool _S_instanceless = true;
      typedef __simple_alloc<_Tp, MyAlloc_template<__threads, __inst>

        _Alloc_type;
      typedef __allocator<_Tp, MyAlloc_template<__threads, __inst> >
allocator_type;
    };
with gcc4 compatible code?
Is there a new stl template library?