[G++ n00b] getche() in G++ ?

From: Stefan Kristensen
Subject: [G++ n00b] getche() in G++ ?
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 19:35:06 +0100

Hello boys and girls.

I'm refreshing my C++ and to make it more interesting, I'm doing so on a FreeBSD box (I've grown up with Windoze - time to get mature).

My old school book has an example that uses getche(), which I understand is not C++ standard and is not supported by G++. Can anyone help me out and tell me what to use instead? And while we are at it: The same question for clrscr() ;-)

Thank you in advance
Stefan