gcc inline assembly

From: polina
Subject: gcc inline assembly
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:27:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

I would like to use the asm feature of the gcc compiler. I am not sure what
backends the asm supports. Would it support any backend for which it was
compiled? The reason I asked is because I cross-compiled gcc for the PISA
architecture and I haven't been able to find any information on using asm to
do inline PISA assembly. I would appreciate any information. Thank you.

- Polina