Re: ld returned 1 exit status

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: ld returned 1 exit status
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:12:18 -0700

derrick_chi@msn.com writes:

>     I am using the g++ compiler to compile the program shown below,

The program below can't be compiled -- there is no version of 'g++' that
has 'iostream.' header. Please post *actual* code.

> and I am getting this error "ld returned 1 exit status"
> can anyone help me with this error.

When the error above is corrected, your program links fine on Linux.
If it doesn't link for you, pray tell which version of gcc and on which
platform you are using, what is the actual failing link line, and what
*entire* error message it prints.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.