Re: help in linking

From: Bernd Strieder
Subject: Re: help in linking
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:17:22 +0200

Hello,

amit.hetawal@gmail.com wrote:

> I am just having lot of trouble in compiling stuff on my MACOSX but
> which in turn works fine on my Ubuntu. So i really dont understand
> whats different in my setup for the paths .

Try using the -M options to find out which header files are found, and
whether the right ones are found. The error messages you see are
clearly telling that wrong header files are used, because the
prototypes do not match actual use of the functions.

One of the most disturbing differences between unixoid systems on one
side, and windows/Mac on the other side, is filename case sensitivity.
I once had "String.h" in a project under Linux and somebody else moved
that code to a windows file system, with hellish results. Instead of
my "String.h" the C library string.h was used.

Bernd Strieder