GCC 3.4.6 on Solaris: 'visibility' attribute does not supply to types

From: Boris
Subject: GCC 3.4.6 on Solaris: 'visibility' attribute does not supply to types
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:59:05 -0000

I'm trying to compile a project with GCC 3.4.6 on Solaris 10 which uses the
visibility attribute here and there. While it all works without any problems
on Linux I get the following warning on Solaris:

`visibility' attribute does not apply to types

Is this a warning I can safely ignore? It surprises me that although I'm
using the same compiler version I get a warning on Solaris?

Boris