Re: Compile with no exceptions

From: kitschen
Subject: Re: Compile with no exceptions
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 15:55:35 +0200

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
kitschen <kitschen@romandie.com> writes:
Is it possible in g++ (3.2) to compile without exception handling? (turn off all exceptions)
Sure: -fno-exceptions

Thanks for that. I'll try it.

Obviously, if you are *using* exceptions, you can't just tell the
compiler "ignore what I wrote, and compile something else instead".

So what's the -fno-exceptions for then? If you are not using exceptions I expect the compiler to not create the corresponding code (ie stack unwinding etc). As I have exceptions in my code, I would expect the option -fno-exceptions to create code which just crashes/exits the program in case of a thrown exception. Am I wrong?

I will try to find documentation.

Phil