Re: virtual method inheritance question

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: virtual method inheritance question
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:02:00 -0700

"jinxidoru" <jinxidoru@byu.net> writes:

> I had an idea for something the other day, but it now appears that it
> will not work.

There is a more fundamental reason why it would not work:
a non-static method can not be a signal handler, since the kernel
will not supply 'this' parameter to it.

Besides, all kinds of things (operator new; cout; exceptions,
etc.) do not work in the (async)signal handling context, so putting
any C++ into the body of a signal handler will likely only itroduce
hard to replicate bugs.

> I think this would be a very cool feature if possible.

What's so cool about it? Sounds pretty lame to me.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.