Re: is there any directive available ?

From: Bernd Strieder
Subject: Re: is there any directive available ?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:29:46 +0100

Hello,

rolf21@indiatimes.com wrote:

> Hello ,
> You told me to see this
> See http://www.nedprod.com/programs/gccvisibility.html

I'm sorry I can't tell you more, since I have not tried it myself. I had
not to do this up to now, but the problem has been talked about quite a
few years. The link above is the best I know on the subject. gcc-3.4.3
has some options regarding the visibility according to its docs, so
maybe the patch is already included in gcc-3.4.3, I have not tried it.
The link above basically tells, that the whole thing is was work in
progress last summer, gcc-4.x will have it.

Bernd Strieder