Re: -output-def, -soname using gcc

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: -output-def, -soname using gcc
Date: 03 Oct 2004 17:24:56 -0700

ebascon@hotmail.com (Ernesto) writes:

> The .a and the .def file are missing because g++ is
> ignoring my -Wl,* arguments.

It is not ignoring these arguments. Any argument beginning with
-Wl is simply passed directly to the linker.

> Am I right or am I doing something wrong?

Yes: you are passing meaningless arguments to the linker:
neither '--output-def' nor '--out-implib' have any meaning when
output is i386 ELF. They only mean something for i386 PE.

Conversely, '--soname' is only meaningful for ELF, and is meaningless
on Windows.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.