Trouble Installing gcc-3.0.2-sol8-intel-local.gz Package

From: John Anderjaska
Subject: Trouble Installing gcc-3.0.2-sol8-intel-local.gz Package
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 02:34:26 -0500

Hi,

I installed the package above on a Solaris 8 for Intel platform.  The version I got was from:

http://www.sunfreeware.com/programlistintel8.html

I simply did gunzip gcc-3.0.0.2-sol8-intel-local.gz.  Then:

pkgadd -d gcc-3.0.0.2-sol8-intel-local

All seemed to go well and there was an indication that the package was added successfully.  But when I tried to compile the simplest program, I get an error:

"gcc installation problem, cannot exec `as`: No such file or directory."

Does anybody have an idea about this?  I did the same gcc compile operation on another Solaris 8 for Intel platform and it worked OK.

Thanks .. John