(no subject)

From: nudthutao
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 15:26:33 +0800

Hello!
After installing the Redhat7.0,
I could use the client program "ftp" to connect to my own host. just like
this|"root#ftp localhost".
I also tried another way.
first, I used the program "telnet" to connect to a remote host,
on which Solaris 2.5 is installed. Then in the interface of the remote host, I
again used the program "ftp" like this:
"liang$ftp hutao" (here "liang" is my Id on the remote workstation host, while
"hutao" stands for my own computer. )
after one minute also , I could be able to enter the ID on the host "hutao"

But that's not the problem.
On computers working under the Windows98/Me environment, I tried using the
command
"c:\windows) ftp 192.9.200.168"
(192.9.200.168 is the IP address of my computer)
"connected to the remote host......"
I must wait for a time much longer than on my own host or on the workstation I
mentioned above.
But at last, a message came out saying "the connection is closed by the remote
host"

I also must point out that when I connected to the workstation using the client
program "ftp", I successed in both environments,
Redhat 7.0 on my own computer, Windows 98/me on other computers.
all the computers and workstations are in a local net.

I hope I have maken things clear. I want to ask:

1, why could not ftp to my computer on another computer working under
windows98/me?
2, I also noticed that when I ftp to myself on my own computer, it took much
time than to the remote workstation. why?

Thanks a lot!

ÐÂÀËÃâ·Ñµç×ÓÓÊÏä (http://mail.sina.com.cn)
ÍøÀïÑ°Ëýǧ°Ù¶È!ûÓÐ"ÁÄÓÑËÙÅä",ÔõÄÜ"³ÉË«³É¶Ô"? (http://newchat.sina.com.cn)