help-gnunet

Re: Minimum viable GNS deployment

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Minimum viable GNS deployment
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 22:58:29 +0100

Hi,

Many GNUnet services are started 'on demand', so there is actually no
need to explicitly enable them. To get the minimum set of services, you
mostly need to disable the 'IMMEDIATE_START' option of applications you
do not want. Those will likely be the ones in the following sections:
RPS, REST and FS. Everything else is either a dependency of GNS or part
of GNS.

You can do this by running
$ gnunet-config -s $SECTION -o IMMEDIATE_START -V NO

for each of the three sections I named.

Happy hacking!

Christian