help-gnucap

Re: geda/lepton schematics

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: geda/lepton schematics
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 23:12:25 +0100

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 10:43:14PM +0100, karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> > Which netlist?
>
>  When you do (the old way) lepton-sch2pcb or gsch2pcb, you get a
>  .net file.

This is lossy. If you read it into Gnucap, you won't get your schematic
back (nor a Qucs, Verilog or similar schematic). If you do something
more elaborate (say parasitics extraction), how will you annotate the
schematic with your findings?

> With the patch I send, and using:
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/guile_1.8.8/lib/pkgconfig/"
> ./configure
> I could make configure and make to work.

Highly appreciated.

> You can try this package (a lot of dists dep. on debian):
>  https://packages.debian.org/buster/libgeda-dev
> and its dependancies.

Will give it a go. Thanks. (Issue seems to be guile-2.0-dev.)

>  Would something like this suffice ?
>
> $ lepton-netlist -g verilog arm_can_test.sch
> [..]

What do you intend to do with it?

cheers
felix