gperf-2.7.2 help request

From: Shivam K Shah
Subject: gperf-2.7.2 help request
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:45:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
   I'm trying to install gperf-2.7.2 on Linux Red Hat 8.0
I"m getting the following errors as given below and hence not able to
install, gperf.

Could any of you guide me with what I'm missing?

# ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
configuring in lib
running /bin/sh ./configure  --cache-file=.././config.cache --srcdir=.
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.
configure: error: ./configure failed for lib

I'll be grateful for any help.

regards,

Shivam