Re: completing-read does not display options in new frames

From: Ma Gelan
Subject: Re: completing-read does not display options in new frames
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 12:52:09 +0900

Thank you for trying to help.

I feel that I did not explain my issue well.

I tried this: emacs -Q -l test.el

With test.el having the code.

What I get is two emacs frames. The main frame is on *scratch* buffer,
and the other frame is just a miniframe. If I focus the miniframe I get
the 'Select:' prompt, no options are shown. I expect to see a list of
vertical options but they only show if I press tab. In this case they
show in the other window, because that is the vanilla behavior in emacs,
but In my version I have the completion directly in the minibuffer. In
both cases, my configuration and emacs -Q, the options do not show right
away, which means that I have to actively press Tab to show them.

My question is: How do I show the options without having to press Tab?

I would like to see them listed as soon as the minibuffer shows up.

This happens in the same frame in my config, but it does not happen if
I create a new frame.

Here is more info:

OS: Arch Linux
Emacs: 28.2