Re: Emacs will show the scratch window instead of the tex document windo

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Emacs will show the scratch window instead of the tex document window when I double click on a tex document to open it.
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 10:03:30 +0800

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 7:31 AM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 10:46 PM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 10:36:17PM +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> > > Hi here,
> > >
> > > When I double-click on a TeX document to open it, Emacs will show the
> > > scratch window instead of the TeX document window, as shown in the
> > > attachment. Any tips will be appreciated.
> >
> > I think this depends more on your operating system/desktop environment
> > than on Emacs itself. The desktop environment is the one responsible
> > of translating your double click into the invocation of Emacs.
> >
> > It seems that some parameter in this invocation got lost.
> >
> > What OS/desktop environment are you using?
>
> $ inxi -S
> System:
>   Host: X10DAi Kernel: 5.19.0-21-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: GNOME 43.0
>     Distro: Ubuntu 22.10 (Kinetic Kudu)

A very strange thing is that if I double-click on a very simple tex
file, this issue does not occur, as shown in the attached screenshot:

\documentclass{iucr}
\usepackage[unicode=true,
  bookmarks=true,bookmarksnumbered=false,bookmarksopen=false,
  breaklinks=false,pdfborder={0 0
0},pdfborderstyle={},backref=false,colorlinks=true]
  {hyperref}
\begin{document}

\end{document}

Regards,