Re: Emacs will show the scratch window instead of the tex document windo

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Emacs will show the scratch window instead of the tex document window when I double click on a tex document to open it.
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 16:45:50 +0200

On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 10:36:17PM +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> Hi here,
>
> When I double-click on a TeX document to open it, Emacs will show the
> scratch window instead of the TeX document window, as shown in the
> attachment. Any tips will be appreciated.

I think this depends more on your operating system/desktop environment
than on Emacs itself. The desktop environment is the one responsible
of translating your double click into the invocation of Emacs.

It seems that some parameter in this invocation got lost.

What OS/desktop environment are you using?

Cheers