Re: get text from LibreOffice Calc to Emacs Org-Mode

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: get text from LibreOffice Calc to Emacs Org-Mode
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 15:05:25 +0200

>>> "G" == Gottfried  <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

> Hi,
> thanks very much for your help.

> 1.
>> 1. Do you want to *import* a spreadsheet file (in ods, xls or xlsx
>>> format) import into a emacs org buffer

> yes

Good I am not sure what MTA you are using, but your and my quotes are not
clearly distinguishable in gnus (Emacs).

> I have no formulas in my spreadsheet file, only text.

> 2.
> Do I have to install those two packages
> (gnumerics the other is xlsx2csv)
> in my GNU Guix Distro
> (which I guess, you mean that),
> or within emacs
> (which I don’t guess, but I prefer to ask)

I don't think it would be possible to install gnumercis (which is a compiled C
binary I think) or xlsx2csv  in emacs. I am not sure that it would make sense.

These are external programs and my lisp wrapper simply execute them, in order
to do that the path to that executables must be set correctly in emacs, where
you start them.

> 3.
>> Check the path, that these programs are correctly
>> installed  before you execute my functions
>   (or in case they are located
>   differently adapt my functions accordingly).

> Do you mean "check the path" in your functions?
> (which I guess you mean that)

I mean the line

  (let* ((source-file  (file-name-sans-extension (buffer-file-name
(current-buffer))))
         (org-odt-convert-processes '(("gnumeric" "~/.local/bin/xlsx2csv %i
%o"))))

org-odt-convert-processes is supposed to use gnumeric and xlsx2csv and
in might be necessary to use an explicit path like

         (org-odt-convert-processes '(("/gnu-giux/usr/bin/gnumeric"
"~/.local/bin/xlsx2csv %i %o"))))

Or whatsoever

> GNU Guix is different to a normal Linux distro,
> but we will see.

There are so many distributions that this is difficult to know.
Different in which sense?

Regards

Uwe Brauer
--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.