Re: use pdf-tools in Emacs.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: use pdf-tools in Emacs.
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:58:51 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

>> If you always want to spawn a new frame when finding a PDF document, I
>> guess you have to add a rule to display-buffer-alist.
>
> I want to use a new frame to show the PDF document with the LaTeX code
> in another frame, and at the same time keeping the forward and reverse
> searching work by skipping between these two frames backward and
> forward accordingly.

If the pdf is shown in a buffer of another frame makes no difference to
forward/inverse search as long its the same emacs instance.  This should
work for you:

(add-to-list 'display-buffer-alist
             '((derived-mode . pdf-view-mode)
               display-buffer-pop-up-frame))

It tells emacs to open buffers where pdf-view-mode is the major-mode to
be opened in a separate frame.

Bye,
Tassilo