Re: use pdf-tools in Emacs.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: use pdf-tools in Emacs.
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 21:37:42 +0800

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 9:15 PM Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > But I wonder how to do the following things when using pdf-tools:
> >
> > 1. How to skip to a specific page by page number quickly?
>
> M-x apropos-command RET pdf page RET quickly revealed pdf-view-goto-page
> which is bound do M-g g by default.

Yes. This does the trick. But the corresponding menu item description
is not so nice: "GoTo Line" is misleading in this case.

> > 2. How to show PDF in a separate window?
>
> The pdf is shown in a buffer so the same commands apply as for any other
> buffer.  E.g., you can split the current window with C-x 2 or C-x 3.  Or
> if you mean you want to show the pdf in a separate frame, then C-x 5 2.
>
> If you always want to spawn a new frame when finding a PDF document, I
> guess you have to add a rule to display-buffer-alist.

I want to use a new frame to show the PDF document with the LaTeX code
in another frame, and at the same time keeping the forward and reverse
searching work by skipping between these two frames backward and
forward accordingly.

> Bye,
> Tassilo

Regards,