Re: use pdf-tools in Emacs.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: use pdf-tools in Emacs.
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:11:11 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> But I wonder how to do the following things when using pdf-tools:
>
> 1. How to skip to a specific page by page number quickly?

M-x apropos-command RET pdf page RET quickly revealed pdf-view-goto-page
which is bound do M-g g by default.

> 2. How to show PDF in a separate window?

The pdf is shown in a buffer so the same commands apply as for any other
buffer.  E.g., you can split the current window with C-x 2 or C-x 3.  Or
if you mean you want to show the pdf in a separate frame, then C-x 5 2.

If you always want to spawn a new frame when finding a PDF document, I
guess you have to add a rule to display-buffer-alist.

Bye,
Tassilo