Re: use pdf-tools in Emacs.

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: use pdf-tools in Emacs.
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 23:53:51 +0800

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 11:03 PM Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> wrote:

> It seems that this is not true. In my testing, I've already set the
> following option for straight, which ensures that every package
> specified with `straight-use-package` is automatically installed
> (ensured) during Emacs startup:
>
> (setq straight-use-package-by-default t) ; straight's equivalent of
> `use-package-always-ensure'.
>
> But the problem discussed here still exists.
>
>> Bye,
>> Tassilo
>
> Best,
> Zhao

Try adding `:demand t' in the `use-package' form.  It ensures that the
package is loaded right away (installing it if necessary), instead of
defering it later.

If that doesn't work, also try to move the install part from `:config'
to `:init'.  I used to have something about pdf-tools in my config, but
that has long gone.

--
Best,

RY

[Please note that this mail might go to spam due to some
misconfiguration in my mail server -- still investigating.]