Package modifying window-persistent-parameters, recursive edit

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Package modifying window-persistent-parameters, recursive edit
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 05:48:23 +0000

Hi,

I'm writing a package which temporarily make some atom windows and
disable mode lines of some windows using the mode-line-format window
parameter. Now I'm trying to make sure it is well-behaved under
recursive edit. The only sane way that I come up with is to

(set-alist 'window-persistent-parameters 'window-atom t)
(set-alist 'window-persistent-parameters 'mode-line-format t)

So that recursive-edit look really "recursive"... the inner level
won't tamper the UI state of outer levels.

However, I am aware that the above code modifies global,
non-package-namespaced state. Is what I'm doing recommended against?
Is there a more sensible way to do it? (e.g., add some hook which runs
when inner command loop exit? I'm not aware of such hook).

Thanks.

--
Best,
Qiantan