Is the so-long package still needed currently?

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Is the so-long package still needed currently?
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 18:47:51 +0800

Hi here,

A long time ago, I've added the following configuration in my init.el file:

```
;; https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2022-03/msg00511.html
;; https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ogbl#inbox/FMfcgzGpFqRpjCqNNHSgDgkqmXWwtLrS
(use-package so-long
  :config
  (setq-default so-long-action 'longlines-mode)
  (setq-default longlines-show-hard-newlines t)
  (global-so-long-mode +1)
  )
```

But I'm not sure whether the feature in Emacs by default has already
capable to do all the works currently. Any tips will be appreciated.

Regards,
Zhao
--
Assoc. Prof. Hongsheng Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>