Re: Non file buffers and default-directory

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Non file buffers and default-directory
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 16:01:16 +0300

> From: Manuel Giraud <manuel@ledu-giraud.fr>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:46:32 +0200
>
> FTR, I've tried the following:
> (defun my-send-mail-function ()
>   (make-thread #'smtpmail-send-it))
>
> (setq send-mail-function 'my-send-mail-function)
>
> This seems to work but I guess that you were thinking of something else.

"Work" in what sense?  Were you able to do something in Emacs while
the mail was being sent?  What happens if the send fails for some
reason?  And how fast is it sent in your case, so that the "work" part
could be evaluated in real-life conditions, when sending takes some
time?  For example, what happens if you try to send a message with a
very large attachment?