Re: get text from LibreOffice Calc to Emacs Org-Mode

From: Platon Pronko
Subject: Re: get text from LibreOffice Calc to Emacs Org-Mode
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 20:55:39 +0800

On 2023-04-23 20:44, Gottfried wrote:
Hi,

thanks for your help.

I tried this already, and it works, but the text is almost a mass.
it is difficult to put it in order in emacs.
I would always check both, libreoffice calc and emacs side by side to put the
text in order in emacs org-mode.

That’s why I was asking that may be there is a better method  where the text in
emacs org-mode  is more ordered.

If there is no alternative, I have to do it like that.

Kind regards

Gottfried

Hi!

As I understand your problem - you are pasting the table contents from Calc,
and getting something like this:

```
column1 column2 column2
alpha 1 one
beta 2 two
gamma 3 three
```

while you want to get this text formatted as an org table, something like this:

```
|---------+---------+---------|
| column1 | column2 | column3 |
| alpha   |       1 | one     |