Re: get text from LibreOffice Calc to Emacs Org-Mode

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: get text from LibreOffice Calc to Emacs Org-Mode
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 18:23:52 +0800

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hi,
>
> I am learning Emacs Org-mode
>
> and would like to copy text from LibreOffice Calc to Emacs Org-mode.
> So that I don’t need to copy every single part from here to there,
> I would prefer, time saving, to get the whole text (quite much) in one go to
> Emacs org-mode and than adjust the text in org-mode.
>
> What are the possibilities?
> I tried to save the text in different formats, and open it in org-mode,
> but mostly the text couldn’t be read or was not useable.

Unless I'm mistaken, it already can be copy-pasted?

My steps below:

1. Open Calc
2. Type: Hello TAB World RET Good TAB Job
3. Select the 2-by-2 region A1 to B2
4. Press C-c to copy
5. Go to a buffer (I have /tmp/1.org)
6. Press C-y to paste (yank)

Does this work for you?  Or do you mean something else?

--
Best,

RY

[Please note that this mail might go to spam due to some
misconfiguration in my mail server -- still investigating.]