Re: Non file buffers and default-directory

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: Non file buffers and default-directory
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 14:32:53 +0200

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

[...]

> I just tried to use tramp, in that buffer, which shows a file
> on a another, and different system, and then did
>
>   M-x man RET man RET
>
> and the local manpage came up, I then did
> `tramp-cleanup-all-connections' and
> `tramp-cleanup-all-buffers' and this does not affect the local
> man page being displayed.

I did the same test and you're right `tramp-cleanup-all-connections'
does nothing to the buffers but `tramp-cleanup-all-buffers' kill the
remote dired (expected) *and* the man buffer.  So it does not work the
same as you: I'm going to try with emacs -Q.

As for why I'm using `tramp-cleanup-all-buffers': when I'm on another
network I know I cannot contact some host, TRAMP will sometimes hang
Emacs trying to connect anyway.
--
Manuel Giraud