Non file buffers and default-directory

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Non file buffers and default-directory
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 20:29:02 +0200

Hi,

Whenever Emacs creates a non file buffer (for instance with 'M-x man'),
it sets its default-directory from the one of the buffer you are into.
Most of the time, I don't think it matters but for remote buffers.

A remote default-directory could go "disconnected" (e.g. lost of ssh
after moving network, end of credential after a timeout for sudo...)  In
this case, I use 'tramp-cleanup-all-connections' but this will also
close any *Man* buffers with this default-directory.

I don't have an idea or solution for this issue (that might not be one!)
but I'd just like to know how others deal with this.

Thanks,
--
Manuel Giraud