Re: how to send lines of a shell script directly to the shell

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: how to send lines of a shell script directly to the shell
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 12:03:41 +0200

> On Sun, Apr 16, 2023 at 10:53:54AM +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> Ask your Emacs, not Google. Emacs is your friend, Google isn't :)

> c-h a (apropos) shell suggests shell-command-on-region, usually
> bound to M-|

> (of course, you'd have to mark the line; automating that is left
> as an...)

I tried this command out, before asking 😉
but this does not work, I mark the region

Run it and the mini-buffer asks:

shell-command-on-region

And you have to specify the command.

So that is thought that you run a already defined command on some
region.

But this is not what I want.

I want to send a certain line to the shell so that it is executed.

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.