Re: Emacs in a Corporate Environment

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs in a Corporate Environment
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 20:45:43 +0200

Hi Marcin,

>> I think you're all missing the most obvious snafu (which has actually
>> gotten me in trouble with our security folks): auto-save files.
>
> Good point!  Is there a way to disable them wholesale on remote machines
> (when using TRAMP)?

>From the Tramp manual (master branch):

   Set ‘auto-save-file-name-transforms’ to ‘nil’ to save auto-saved
files to the same directory as the original file.

   Alternatively, set the user option ‘tramp-auto-save-directory’ to
direct all auto saves to that location.

   If you want to suppress auto-saving of remote files at all, set user
option ‘remote-file-name-inhibit-auto-save’ to non-‘nil’.

See (info "(tramp) Auto-save File Lock and Backup")

> TIA,

Best regards, Michael.