How to adapt compilation-error-regexp-alist

From: Pascal Quesseveur
Subject: How to adapt compilation-error-regexp-alist
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 16:33:30 +0200

Hello,

I'm using Emacs 28.1 on Windows 64 bits.

I'm compiling Java sources using a compilation command which launches
javac through a project management tool. That works fine but when
there are compilation errors they appear as follows in the compilation
buffer:

  C:\Users\..\file.java:307: error: ';' expected

The 2 spaces before the file name are taken into account in the name,
and the attempt to open file with emacs fails.

I think I need to adapt compilation-error-regexp-alist, but it's not
obvious how to do it. Any suggestion would be welcome.

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com